Tuesday, April 17, 2012

I Know, I Know...

Yes, I need to write another post. I know this.

Yes, I need to make it interesting (unlike this crappy post).

But guess who's busy potty training a two year old???


Me!!!

Sunday afternoon I was changing his diaper and he said, "Momma, I want to go potty and wear big boy underwear. Pweeeese!!"

How could I resist this?

Here's our system: 

1. We go potty (or, at least, try to)
2. I set the timer for 45 minutes (up from 30 yesterday)
3. If he's dry when the alarm goes off, he gets a jelly bean
4. Repeat steps 1-4

Aside from nap time, he had two accidents yesterday, both because his caretakers (one of them me) forgot that we were potty training...

We're using one pair of pink training pants that were given to us, a package of Thomas the Train "big boy underwear," and the Flip Trainer, which I love.

But there goes my timer, which means it's time to do #1... and then I have a baby to nurse, and grocery shopping, and cleaning the nasty bathroom before my grandparents come to visit, and etc.

You know how it is.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment