Monday, August 6, 2012

Knickernappies Stackable Pad Review

(Note: Would you be able to take a moment to share with me in the comments section what mama cloth you use, or would like to try? If you don't use mama cloth, do you have any questions about it?)

I've made the switch to mama cloth. Right now, it's only 50% of the time since I haven't built up my stash yet, but I am hooked! When I have to go back to disposables for a day to let my mama cloth dry, I HATE it! I hate that I'm throwing away almost a quarter every time I change a pad, and I can't wait until I can get back into comfort! 

I was recently able to review Knickernappies stackable pads. These are different than any other pads I have. The black part goes up against your panties and can be reused while you replace the inserts as needed. A pad set comes with two snappable inserts. 


For light flow, you only have to use the shorter insert (although the snaps bother me quite a bit in this position.)





For heavy flow, you snap in the longer insert OVER the shorter one (although the snaps DO still irritate me... mostly b/c they're cold when I first put it on).  


The inserts are made of microfiber on one side and velour on the other, making them soft and terry-clothesque (do you like my new word?).



 The part that goes against your panties is made of soft waterproof fleece that won't slide around. My camera's not the greatest, but if you look closely you can see how the waffle pattern on the fabric can "grip."


Overall, I am pleased with these pads. They're soft, absorbent, and dry quickly because of they layers. I JUST don't care for all the snaps is all! I personally prefer a more "all-in-one" type of pad. 

Check back soon for a comparison review with Pink Daisy pads. 

No comments:

Post a Comment